Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Yay!

Finally, my new computer is all set up with DSL and everything. I love it! I didn't realize that new computers come with a memory card slot, so I could instantly save my pictures to the computer tonight without having to connect the camera. My blogging will be so easy now! I have no excuses for posts without pictures.

Anyway, I know I have been promising to share, so here you go. First off, a picture of the Hourglass sweater.

I'm extremely proud of the way this turned out. I've gotten so many compliments, and it has encouraged one of my friends at work to learn how to knit. Last week I taught here how to cast on and knit, and she's already completed a potholder. Now she wants to knit a blanket for herself. She seems to be a natural.

Next we have the back of the Debbie Bliss baby dress.

It's so tiny! But it's the 3-6 month size, so it's supposed to be tiny. I haven't been around a baby-baby for so long, I forget how small they start off. I love this pattern though, and will have to keep it in mind for anyone else I know having a daughter. The front of the dress will have to wait until I'm done with my Cheesylove and my project for the Knitting Olympics.

Speaking of Cheesylove, here it is:

Please ignore the cat hair. My two little friends like to sit with one on each side of me while I knit. It's definitely not good with the black yarn. I'm just about done with the sleeves, and then I need to sew the whole thing together and finish the ribbing around the neck. I should be able to meet my Valentine's Day deadline. Actually I hope to finish before Friday, so I can start my Danica scarf for the Knitting Olympics. The yarn is here and ready to go:



Isn't it pretty and a little 1970's retro? I did decide to make it for my DH, and since he bought a nice, brown wool coat, I think it will match well. He promised me that if I made it, he would wear it on the rare occasions when we are out in the cold.

Well, that's it! I guess I have been knitting my little fingers off! Now I'm going to spend an exciting Saturday night on the couch, in front of the TV with my DH who has caught whatever disease I had at the beginning of the week. Thank goodness for TiVo and Net Flix.

TTFN!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger parikha said…

    Your Hourglass is fabulous! I can't wait to see how your Cheesylove turns out.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous gwen said…

    absolutely beautiful hourglass sweater! i'm jealous!

    I can't wait to see how your knitting olympics project turns out.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger madhatter said…

    the hourglass is beautiful! i love it!
    what you can see of the cheesylove is georgeous, this will be a masterpiece :)

    which patterns did you use? did you make them yourself?
    you´re a gifted knitter :)

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    Hi Madhatter,

    Thanks for the kind words. I didn't create either of the patterns. The Hourglass Sweater came from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and Cheesylove is in the archeives at Knitty.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger