Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Start of the Games

I was able to finish my sleeves yesterday so I could start my Knitting Olympics project at the start of the games. Here it is so far:

This was definitely the right project to choose for a challenge. I had to learn some new techniques already, such as how to pick up stitches on the WS without the yarn showing on the RS and how to pfb. I didn't realize that Entrelac required picking up so many stitches as well, and you know how much I love that. There are a few mistakes where I didn't know what I was doing in the beginning, but my DH thinks I should leave the mistakes there. He says it makes it more endearing. I think he just doesn't want to listen to me whine while I rip it out. They are little things that probably no one but me will notice anyway.

I need to get my Cheesylove sleeves seemed today so I can wash it and have it dry by its debut on Tuesday. Although, it has been so warm here the last week I'm not sure by the time Tuesday comes I'll actually want to wear it. It's more t-shirt weather than sweater weather.

In other new, this may be the last time I post to this blog. I have been working on a new blog in Word Press, which seems easier to manage, so by next week I hope to move to a new home. I'll be sure to post a link so you all can find me.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, and good luck to all those knitting for the Olympics.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger parikha said…

    I switched to doing entrelac for my Olympic project, too! Seems we're on the same knitting wavelength. My cast-on edge was a little looser than it should've been, so there are tiny holes all along that edge, but I'm going to fudge it by adding some fringe later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger