Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I didn't know I was a lesbian until today

I was out having lunch with some co-workers today. We decided on a new Thai restaurant for something new. This was the fortune that was in my cookie at the end of the meal:

"You and your wife will be happy in your life together."

Huh? What is my fortune cookie trying to tell me? Would I be happier if I had married a woman instead of my hubby? I've never heard of such a ridiculous fortune.


This has been a very tough week for me. Not only was I sick, but there were massive layoffs at work. Thankfully I still have my job, but it's always hard to see your friends go. This is about the third time that people I have really cared about and enjoyed working with have gone, and it seems to get more depressing every time. I could go work for a more financially secure company, but despite all the turmoil here, I really do love my job. Unless I was self-employed, I really can't imagine doing anything else.

I have one more thing to add to my crappy, sad week. A couple that I am friends with had a kitten who was about six months old who had a heart attack and died! How sad! His little heart was not growing at the same rate as his body, and it just couldn't keep up any more. I know how much I love my cats (despite the fact they keep me awake at night, and chew on all my possession, and vomit on the rug while I'm at work), and how sad I'll be when they die, but I can't imagine what I would have done if they had died when they were just babies.

I've had so much knitting progress this week, but I haven't gotten my DSL package yet, so I can't share it with you. I did finish the body of my Cheesylove sweater, and am now working on the sleeves (both at one time). Can I just say that I love Fair Isle knitting? I know this pattern wasn't very complicated, but it was so much fun that I am inspired to try something a little more complex. I have been eyeing the Fair Isle wrap from Wrap Style. But, alas, I have more than enough yarn to keep me busy for a while so I am trying to resist getting anymore.

I hope everyone out there is having a better week than me!

TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger