Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Random Ramblings

You Are 30% Weird
Not enough to scare other people...But sometimes you scare yourself.


This sounds about accurate today.

I don't know if it's the weather (because it's been about 75 degrees lately) but I had an overwhelming desire to knit a spring wrap today. So of course I went online and bought some more yarn. I bought some bright pink ribbon yarn at Elann, and it only cost about $20 with shipping. I think I'll make another Clapotis. The first one was so fun! I've been working on my Hourglass sweater, but can't really get into it. I think it's because I'm not really excited about the yarn I chose. The bland yellow color is not really motivating me to finish. I wish I had picked out something a little bolder and more exciting. Of course I still have my Zipper sweater and my garter stitch wrap to work on. And of course the color on color is still sitting in a basket somewhere. I've got nothing to do this afternoon, so hopefully I'll make some progress on something, and I will definitely finish at least one thing before my new yarn gets here.

I'm about to leave work in about 30 minutes and when I get home I get to try to wear a shoe on my gimpy foot for the first time since the surgery. Wish me luck! I've been more than a little frustrated lately because the flexibility in my foot is not coming back as much as I'd like, despite doing my toe exercises at least three times a day. I felt like Uma Thurman from Kill Bill this morning ("Wiggle your big toe") while I sat there staring at my foot and nothing was happening. I have been managing a little wiggle, but this morning, nothing. I was hoping to get through the recovery without having to go to physical therapy, but my foot is not cooperating. I guess I'll find out about PT when I go to my doctor on Tuesday.

I hope everyone out there has a fabulous weekend. I know I will just because I won't be at work!

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger