Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Knitty Gritty

I didn't knit at all last night because I was so tired after work and was also distracted by the chore of laundry. Instead, I decided to watch an episode of Knitty Gritty which has been on my DVR for a few weeks. For those of you not familiar with the show, it's on DIY Network, and is great. Some times the projects are a little crazy, but I usually always learn some new technique. In the episode I was watching last night, they were making these. An interesting project, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about them. They're a little funky and cute, but definitely strange.

I tried shrinking my Tubey last night. I was going to run it through the dryer, but first I decided to put it in the washing machine. I'm amazed at how quick that thing felted, even after I put it in one of my handwash bags. The good new is, it felted (or "got really linty" as my DH said) just enough to fit well again, but not enough to totally hide the stitches. Now if it would only get cold enough again for me to wear.

I also have to tell you all about my plans for this weekend. I'm going to the Monster Jam truck show! Totally not something I would choose to do on my own, but I was able to get VIP passes through work, so I thought I might take advantage of a new experience. I'm all for checking out lifestyles other than my own at least once in my life. After all, another co-worker who has been before told me that you can "drink beer and eat beef jerky" so that doesn't sound so bad. I'll let you know all about it next week.

Until later, Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous gwen said…

    to take the fuzzies off, you can shave it with a razor... or brush it.

    you could also try a sweater stone!

    seriously, are you going to try the shoes? they are way too funky for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger