Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Coulda Been A Contender

So I decided to follow the Yarn Harlot and and a few hundred other crazy knitters and participate in the Knitting Olympics. She has challenged everyone to cast on a project during the opening ceremonies of the games and finish by the last night of the Olympics. The project should be somewhat challenging, so I think I'm going to try the Danica scarf from Knitty. I've wanted to try Entrelac, and it this project seems decently challenging but attainable in the two week time frame.

I've offered to make the scarf and give it to my DH (the only thing I've ever made him was a pair of fingerless mitts) but he didn't seem too interested. I guess because we live in a warm climate, and he really doesn't get very cold. In reality, he could probably use a knit hat to cover up his bald head. So, I'll probably end up making it for myself. I mean, who wants to knit something for someone that will never get worn? Now what colors? Of course I can't use anything from my stash, and I'll have to place yet another Knit Picks order. Any suggestions for a color scheme are greatly appreciated. I love all colors, and am thinking of using Merino Style, so e-mail or leave me a comment if you have any ideas.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Gwen said…

    you know me... i say pink. you know whats funny? i've been thinking about doing that same pattern. what is it that they say about great minds?

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous anmiryam said…

    Entrelac is fun, but be prepared for it to be a bit fiddly. It really helps to learn to knit backwards so that you don't have to turn the work all the time!

    Tubey looks wonderful and I'm glad shrinking it helped to get the sleeves to where you want them.

    Are we going to see the promised pics of the hourglass soon?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger