Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Finished Tubey

Ta Da! A picture of my finished Tubey, and my first finished sweater.

I loved knitting this, and think I might knit another in a solid color. I used Knit Picks Andean Silk, and it did stretch a little in the neck and sleeves when I washed it. I'm contemplating sending on a trip through the dryer, but I'm afraid it will ruin it. Does anyone out there know if that will totally destroy an alpaca/silk/wool blend yarn?

Here's proof that I'm actually working on one of my UFOs. The sleeve to my Hourglass sweater.


I'm nearly finished with the first sleeve, and will be happy to get onto the next. However, I have found another project to start. My friend is having a baby in April, so I wanted to make her something. I found a really cute baby dress pattern in a Debbie Bliss book at Borders today. (By the way, I discovered something very cool. If you take your change to Coinstar you can get a gift card for Borders, Amazon, and a few other places without having to pay the coin counting fee). Anyway, I bought the book and found some cute lavender yarn. It's acrylic of course because I don't believe in making baby clothes or blankets that require hand washing. I can't imagine having a baby that I would have to change several times a day and have to hand wash anything. If I have enough leftover yarn I might make the pair of seed stitch shoes also in this book.

On a foot update, I was able to wear a shoe all day today. It hurt a little the first time I had to put it on, but after it was on I was able to walk around all day without any pain! I feel like I'm finally getting back to normal.

My DH has a glass of wine waiting for me, so I'd better go drink it before he does.

TTFN!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous gwen said…

    oh my god! that is beautiful! you did such a beautiful job!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jenmac said…

    I LOVE the sweater. You hae the most knitting talent ever.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It came out so pretty! I have that on my list of things to do. I wouldn't put it in the dryer though. Do you want it to shrink?

    beth (big geek)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger