Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Another Finished Sweater

I am happy to report that I finished my Hourglass Sweater over the weekend. I can't believe how much finishing there was for a sweater knit in the round! It took me what felt like forever to sew up the hems along the bottom of the sweater and the sleeves, and to sew down the neckline. I do admit, though, that it does give the sweater a nice, polished look. No pictures yet, as it is currently laid out on the dining room table to dry, but hopefully I'll have a photo up by the end of the week. I think even my DH was impressed after he saw how the whole thing came together.

A finished project means I can cast on for a new project without feeling so guilty (I bought the yarn on Friday. See the post below). So, taking a cue from The Brown Sheep, I'll be trying to knit Cheesylove from Knitty in time for Valentine's day. I haven't decided whether I'll knit the "optional" sleeves, or leave it sleeveless as a vest. Maybe timing will decide for me. This will be my first attempt at Fair Isle, and I'm excited. I'm always looking for some new technique I can try.

On a foot update, I start my physical therapy this week. Thanks to everyone who sent me good wishes for recovery. Hopefully in just a few more weeks I'll be back to normal again.

Until Later, Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger