Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Knitting ADD

It's true, I have knitting ADD. Or at least I am planning to start too many projects at once. I did get a little more work done on my Hourglass Sweater the other night, and so far it looks good. I'm almost finished with the waist decreases, and the length of the sweater seems good so far. A few more rows and I should be able to measure the width to see if I'm on track with that too. I really appreciate patterns with well laid out schematics and measurements. It's so much nicer to be able to measure every so often to make sure you are on track.

So while I still have my zipper swear and my drop stitch poncho on the needles, I have become convinced that I need to start another project. What I really want to make is the Garter Stitch Wrap from Scarf Style. My DH and I are traveling to Napa Valley and San Francisco for our 5th wedding anniversary in November, and I thought it would be nice to take with me. However, I have one major concern about this pattern. It requires buying FOUR size 6, 42" circular needles in order to do a three needles bind to attach the four triangles. I'd really hate to make the investment in four circular needles that are so long because I can't think of many occasions that would require me to use even one. If anyone has tried this pattern and can think of a better way to attach the triangles, I'd love to hear it. My other alternative is knitting the triangles and just sewing them together, or knit simply two large triangles (like shawls) and sewing them together to create the square shape. What do you think? In any event, because it is so large and not too complicated, I'm thinking it would be great car knitting for our long car trip we are taking in a couple weeks to go fishing with my parents. After our two day drive, we will be staying in a cabin all week with few distractions, so it seems like the perfect time to get some knitting done.

TTFN!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Crafty Chick:
    If you have any other long circs of size 6 or smaller. You can use them as stitch holders and do the three needles bind off with them. Only the active binding needle needs to be U.S.#6 (or larger for a looser bind off).

    Or you can substitute shirt hanger 'wire' as the other non binding off needle. Since you just have to do it once. But of course it would not be portable with these wires. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger