Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince-SPOILER ALERT

Warning: You may not want to read any of this post if you don't want to know how the 6th book ends. I fully intend to rave about the ending of the book. That means you too Matt!

I have no knitting progress to report lately, as I have become obessed with reading Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. I actually finished last night because once I started I couldn't put it down. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried my eyes out at the ending. I think I cried for the last 40 pages of the book, and then for 10 minutes after I had finished. How could J.K. kill off Dumbledore!! I know there are people out there who don't think he's dead, but I'm not convinced. How could she go into such great detail about everyone mourning his death, and his funernal if she was going to bring him back in the next book? It's not fair to put us all through that if that is her intent. I did, however, find this website, and the creator makes a lot of good points.

All in all though, I have to say the book was great. I love the flashbacks to reveal how Tom Riddle became Lord Voldemort. I was shocked when Harry almost killed Malfoy in the bathroom. I even felt sorry for Malfoy throughout most of the book, but then wished he was dead after the ending of the book. The sequence in which Harry and Dumbledore went to get the Horocrux was also so suspensful, and very cool, and I would have never imagined in a million years guessed that Snape was the Half Blood Price. Although I guess I should have known given the fact that it was a potions book that Harry was reading. Two years is such a long time to wait now for the next book. What will I read in the meantime?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger