Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Uninteresting Title

I managed to get a little knitting done over the long 4th of July weekend. I cast on for the zipper sweater from the last post, and completed most of the green section of the back. I would post a picture, but right now it's just an olive green rectangle, not too interesting. Maybe when I get into the blue section and more of the shaping I'll have something I want to show off. I also cast on for a third OSW. I think this will be my last for a while. Especially since I saw this. I have 5 skeins of Knit Picks Elegance that I didn't know what to do with until now. I may have to put the zipper sweater down for a little while and see if I can get this done so I can wear it before the end of summer. I won't have the opportunity to wear a long sleeve pull over for a few months, so I think the zipper sweater can wait.

My DH brought something evil into the house, which is now sucking up some of my knitting time. The Sims!! I love playing that game, but it is definitely a time sucker. Hours just past without me realizing it. Why is it so interesting to live out a life where one wakes up, goes to work, comes home and eats, goes to sleep, and then starts the whole thing over again only because it's a video game? Maybe because you can do things that you can't do in real life, like hit someone who is annoying you. I see how video games captivate me and especially my DH, so I know that when I have kids I have every intention of keeping them away from video games as long as possible.

I'm procrastinating at work right now because I have a report I need to complete, and I'm not happy about it. I guess I should get back to it. After all, the day is almost over.

TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger