Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Tricksy Knit Picks

Those people over at Knit Picks are very tricksy. I went to their site today to order some yarn to start on my Christmas knitting (it's never too early to think about that!) and then had to order more yarn to get the free shipping. I'm such a sucker for those kinds of deals! Anyway, I got the yarn to make gifts for my co-workers, and then to get the free shipping, I bought some yarn to make the Hourglass pull over from Last Minute Knit Gifts. I don't plan on start the sweater any time soon, but the yarn will be there waiting when I'm ready.

I've made a lot of progress on the Tivoli tee, and will post pictures again soon. I'm into five inches of plain knitting, which is kind of boring and feels really slow when knitting in the round. I only have about 2 more inches to go, and then it will be time for the waist shaping. So far I'm happy with the results, and it looks like it's going to fit! I'm always nervous about fit until I get to try something on for the first time.

My sinus infection is clearing up, but now I'm becoming an insomniac. I'm miserable at work today. It's not easy to analyze data when you haven't had enough sleep. I thought that because I didn't sleep at all on Sunday night that I would fall asleep quickly last night. No such luck. It took me until about 12:30/1:00 to fall asleep, and without having any sleep the night before, five hours was not enough. I try the tricks on how to sleep better, like getting out of bed when you can't sleep and doing something quiet, I also tried turning on the "ocean" on my alarm clock, but none of that helps. I refuse to take sleeping pills. I take enough medication for my allergies, to I don't think I need to add anything else. It's nights when I can't sleep that I hate my husband. He falls asleep the second his head hits the pillow and continues to snore all night.

Allright, now it's time for more caffine, and back to work.

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous anmiryam said…

    Heh, heh, those insidious folks are starting you down the path of stash development. Can I tell you how many sweaters worth of are in various closets around my house waiting for their moment in the sun?

    Hope the sinuses treat you better and that you get some sleep! My DBF can also fall asleep at the drop of a hat. Not me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger