Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Thanks!!

I just want to say a big thanks to all of you who sent me kind words and encouragement about the Tivioli Tee. I did frog it, and plan to start it again with smaller needles. That way if it does stretch, it should still fit. The shape of the sweater was pretty much the same, but way too large for me to wear.

I don't have much knitting progress to report this week. I started a couple of rows on a poncho from the Viva Poncho book. The poncho is in Brioche stitch, and has a nice open look, but with the needles I'm using now the stitch is too tight. I think I will start over with the next size up. It's nice to be working on a project now that doesn't depend too much on gauge. I'm also starting a little on my Christmas knitting for my co-workers. I'm planning coin purses with their initial on them in intarsia. I made up one to get the size and gauge down. Now I just need to make sure I can get zippers that size before I spend too much time making the rest. If anyone has a good online source for zippers and such I would love to hear about it.

One last thing, a movie recommendation for anyone out there who likes stupid humor. We saw Wedding Crashers over the weekend, and it wasn't the best written story, but definitely funny.

Hopefully I will have pictures to post next time. I have been too lazy to upload them lately.

Until later, happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger