Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Lazy Weekend

Maybe it's not a lazy weekend so much as I haven't been feeling well and that has kept me in the house the whole time. I've been coughing up a lung all week, so I finally decided to go to the doctor this morning. As it turns out, I have a sinus infection. I have the worst allergies, and because of all the rain we got this winter and the resulting plant life, my allergies have been terrible the past few month. Why is it that some people luck out and have perfect vision, perfect teeth, and never get sick, while some of us (like me a my DH) have to suffer with braces, glasses, and sneezing all the time? Actually my DH never had allergies until we got married, so maybe they are contagious.

At least being home all weekend I have had plenty of time to knit. I finished my third OSW.

This is the second one I have made with Rowan All Seasons Cotton, and I can't say enough about how much I love this yarn. For a cotton, it is great to work with, but probably because it's a blend. It doesn't split and is very soft and the stitch definition is great. I will get a picture up here of me wearing one of my shrugs soon, but today is not that day. I modified the pattern slightly by using seed stitch (my favorite textured stitch!) instead of ribbing around the edge of the shrug.
I also finished the back of my zipper sweater.
It's a little curly here, so you can't see all the waist shaping. I'm not happy with the neck bind off at all. It doesn't look as neat as I'd like it too, but at least this is only the back and it will probably be covered up by my hair most of the time. I too terrified of ripping it back. I am notorious for dropping stitches at the bind of row, which usually results in me freaking out, cussing and screaming until I can fix it. I'm going to try to figure out a way to bind of neater for the front, where having a neat edge really counts. It will be awhile until I get to that stage because I started this:
It doesn't look like much yet, but it is Grumperina's Tivoli T-Shirt. I hope I can get it done quickly because I'd like to wear it a few times before the end of summer (which seems to be flying by!).
I hope everyone out there is having a great weekend!
TTFN!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Crafty Chick:

    First time to your knitty blog, (fellow SP5 participant). OSW looks like fun to knit. Utterly cute especially with the seed stitch border. Nice colors on the shrugs, alien scarf and pistachio green BBBB. Definitely, I need to check out shadow knitting as a future project.

    You did a great job on the flower basket shawl. One project that is too beautiful to give away. Umm, perhaps you can make it bigger since it will not block larger?

    Switching between a few projects is a great excuse to work with different yarns and colors. Particularly since you are a quick knitter. 5 skeins of Knit Pick Elegance would be so luscious as a Tivoli t-shirt

    Pity you are under the weather. Although I wish you a speedy recovery, this is a good time to knit some more. Love the cute crochet purse.

    Bye for now. Gotta go. Knitting is calling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger