Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy

I've was very busy last week, and finished two projects and started another. First of all, the crocheted shawl.





I love this project and it took no time at all. However, no one can agree on what color it is. I bought the yarn because it looked silver to me, and I wanted to wear it with the silver bridesmaid's shoes I wore in my friends' wedding. However, when I looked at the label, the color was named "green glitter." About half the people I have shown it to definitely think it's silver and the other half definitely think it's green. It doesn't matter. I'm still going to wear it to the theater when we see Wicked on Saturday night.

Let me interrupt for a moment to gush about Wicked. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. My Hubby and I saw the show when we went to New York last year and loved it. It was such a funny and smart story. We saw the original Broadway cast, and the two women that played Glenda and Elphaba (Wicked Witch of the West) we amazing. It will be interesting to see how the new girls fill the role.

I also finally finished the Big Bad Baby Blanket. Here it is before washing and blocking.



It wasn't the most interesting thing I have knit, but the outcome is great. I have enough yarn left over for another blanket, so I might make one for myself once we decide to have kids. I'm sure the Hub doesn't like reading that! I have been more maternal lately, and it's been freaking him out. In addition to the blanket, I found the cutest little baby board shorts at my favorite store (Target) to add to the package for my cousin.

After finishing up the blanket, I started on Glampyre's One Skien Wonder Shrug. This is the start, but I've had an opportunity to work on it since I took this picture, and am now on the ribbing.



It's such a quick knit! I'm beginning to worry though that it's going to be too small. However, if it is, I'm blaming it on the Hub. ;) I checked my gauge before I started, and it was right on, but I had to rely on the hubby to measure my back and I'm not sure if the measurement was right. He hates it, but I always tell him I wish I had a wife too to help me with all the girly things I need, like straightening my hair in the back. I hope the shrug does fit though because I am planning on wearing to my college reunion dinner the weekend of the 24th. If it doesn't I will probably frog it and then hurry to re-knit it.

Lastly, I have to show off my new purchases.

This....



and this....



As you can see, I was excited to use it.



It was a little costly, but I think it was worth the investment. I have four hanks of lace yarn I intend to use soon, so I will definitely be using both soon.

My work friends have been wanting to get together to knit for the longest time now, so we are going to meet tomorrow. I don't have any other friends (beside you in cyberspace) that knit, so I'm excited to have someone live and in person to share my knitting with. Maybe I'll get to finish the shrug, and then the next time I post you'll either hear that it fits and I'm excited, or that I frogged it.

I've been neglecting the hubby for long enough tonight, so I guess I should go pay him some attention.

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous gwen said…

    i'm totally jealous of your swift! that is a cool toy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger