Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Whew!!

I'm so relieved that the wedding is over. The weekend was jam packed with activities, starting on Thursday night with the rehearsal. My friend has these two obnoxious cousins who were bridesmaids, and decided to show up about a half hour late for the rehearsal. We got throughout it, and then had a catered BBQ dinner at the groom's mother's house. The night was topped off by the presentation of the attendants' gifts; cute pink track suits with our monograms embroidered on them for the girls, along with rhinestone encrusted flip flops, and mini tote bags, and because I was the Maid of honor, I got a spa gift certificate and a necklace with my initial on it. The boys all got beer brewed by the bride and groom themselves. They had a label made with their picture on it, and called their brew Drunk on Love.

Friday was a girls' day out, starting with a mani pedi. Of course the cousins had to be difficult and decided that they needed to have a later nail appointment, so the rest of us ended up waiting for them to be finished before we could all head out to lunch. The bride's mom took us all out to lunch, and we ended the day celebrating the bride's birthday at her grandparents house.

The wedding day was such a beautiful day, and both the bride and groom were absolutely glowing. I wish I had some pictures to post, but I was too busy to take any myself. I really spent most of the day on the verge of tears. I don't know why I was so emotional! I didn't cry at all at my own wedding, but just the sight of seeing my best friend looking so beautiful and the bride and groom looking so happy and in love made me teary. Their reception was on the amazing golf course, and with such a clear day, the view from the ballroom was perfect. We had a blast at the reception, and danced like crazy until we were kicked out. All-in-all it was a great day!

Of course I have no knitting news to report. We spent yesterday, the day after the wedding, at my in-laws for the hubby's grandma's 80th birthday party. Today I'm tired!! I really wanted to call in sick to work, but couldn't because I have to prepare for some research I am conducting tomorrow. When will I get back to the Flowerbasket Shawl? It's so close to being done!

Until later, happy knitting.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Anonymous anmiryam said…

    Sounds like an emotional and physical whirlwind. Whew!

    Hope you find some more time to knit now and that we get to see the flower basket when it's ready.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger