Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Secret Pals 5

Since I have been given my Secret Pal assignment, I figured it was time to answer these questions. So Secret Pal (and anyone else who is interested) this is for you....

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am becoming more of a snob. The more I knit with quality yarns, the harder it is to go back to acrylic. I do think that acrylic does have it's place though; for example, baby items that you know the mother won't take time to hand wash.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I crochet too. I'd like to spin, but haven't had the opportunity to pick it up yet. I'm very interest in dying my own yarn.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I am allergic to tons of things, but mostly varieties of trees, grass, and weeds.

4. How long have you been knitting?

I've been knitting about 2 1/2 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not anything that is updated.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like all kinds of good smelling things, but some floral scents make me sneeze so I stay away from anything too flowery.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Definitely, especially for chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I've been known to make candles, and have a "candle factory" set up in my grandma's garage. I stopped making them though when people wanted to buy them, and it became more work than fun. I also love photography.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like all kinds of music. You can see my favorites in my profile. I think my computer can play MP3s. I am also probably one of the only people in the US who has a Sony Minidisc player.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I really love all colors, and will wear any color whether I should or not. My favorites are pink, lime green, light blue, and purple.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a great husband, and we live with our two "children" Roscoe and Catherine, who are cats. I also have two annoying birds.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

My life dream would be to win to lottery so I can open my own business and be my own boss. I also dream of traveling all over the world, especially Africa.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I love wool and alpaca. Anything with silk in it is nice too.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I really hate eyelash yarn. I've also worked with some cottons that split like crazy and are a pain to knit.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I don't really have any. I like to switch up projects often so I don't get bored.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I'll try anything once, but I don't think I have a favorite item.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Right now I am working on a baby blanket for my cousin, a shrug which I am trying to design myself, and the Color on Color scarf from Scarf Style. I may start a new Flowerbasket Shawl. I finished one but was not happy about it. More on that saga later.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

I like ponchos. For me wearing a poncho is like wearing a blanket, and what could be cozier than that?

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circular. They are definitely more versatile.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo or plastic. I really don't like the cold, hard feeling of aluminum.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Not yet. It seems like fun to knit a sock, but I have to say I am a true Southern California girl, and hate to wear anything but sandals. Maybe I'll get into it for gifting.

22. How did you learn to knit?

I taught myself from a book. It wasn't the easiest experience, but after looking at the book, trying to knit, looking at the book again, I realized that I was doing it correctly.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

I was a sweater for my husband, and I don't remember how old it is. If I had to guess, I would probably guess about 2 years.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I love Paul Frank stuff and Hello Kitty.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

It's a tie between Christmas and Halloween.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

I'm trying to collect less and less now. I used to collect Barbies, but now only collect things like jewelry and bags with Barbie on it. I have an impressive collection of purses.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Thanks to my last Secret Pal, I have a subscription to Vogue Knitting. I also subscribe to Interweave Knits.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

The only one I can think of is Knitting on the Edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger