Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Knitting Mission

I took pictures the other day, but haven't had time to post them yet. I have been on a knitting mission this week, leaving me little time to upload them. I was gathering some things together over the weekend for the Bachelorette party I'm throwing starting this Friday, and realized that I didn't have a small, cute, competely impractical but girly purse I could take clubbing on Saturday night. My hubby tried to convince me that one of the hundred purses I have in my closet must be right, and pulled a couple off the shelf the make his point. I was still unconvinced, so I decided to make my own. I ran out to Michaels to gather the necessary supplies: shiny black yarn, beaded finge, and some bangle braclets to use as handles. I already had some fabric at home I could use to line it. I have been knitting on it ever since. I finished the purse body last night, and now need to line it and sew the whole thing together. I have never lined anyhting I've knitted before, so if anyone has any helpful tips, I'd be happy to hear them.

I better get back to actual work (the kind that pays the bills). Until later, Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous gwen said…

    if you are knitting something you have to sew up, i'd cut the fabric the same size as the pieces, and then have the same stich allowance as you use for the bag...

    then sew them individually, and tack the fabric to the knitting in the seam.

    here is a tip for the next purse you make with stretchy yarn. pick a thread that is the same color as the yarn you are using. knit the thread and yarn to the pattern specifications. the thread has no give, and therefore will help your fabric keep it's shape. learned this in New Orleans on a business trip. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger