Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Love My Mailman

Well at least today I love the Mailman. He was kind and didn't bring one bill! Instead I got all kinds of fun things.

First off, a package from my Pal. A subscription to Vogue Knitting!!



It's so inspirational, and I've already found several sweaters I want to knit. Just a sampling below.





Thanks Pal!!! I love it!


I also got my samples from the Yarn of the Month Club. I just love the pink and purple yarns, and will definitely have to find a project to make with them. They're both so different. The purple is a Crystal Palace ribbon and the pink is wool blend from Cascade yarns. The white samples are nice too, but mohair and angora don't mix well with my allergies, so I may have to wait to play around with those until the dry, windy weather stops and I can breath again.

I also got a few catalogs in the mail. I don't know why I love catalogs so much. I never buy anything from them, but I guess its like window shopping without the danger of the store being so convenient to stop in and buy something. I can imagine what I would buy if I had unlimited cash from the safety of my own couch!

I have very little knitting progress to report today. I have been too busy with work and stressing over making the shower and bachelorette party perfect for my friend to get any knitting done. The bachelorette party is next weekend, so that will be one more thing off my plate, and I'm almost done planning the shower so I may be able to reclaim my weekends soon. I'm really excited about the whole wedding and all the festivities, and am so happy for my friend, but the whole thing has been so much work. But here are some knitting pics below.


One finished object, the crocheted blue purse. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, but I do have to say that I like knitting so much better than crocheting. I think reading crochet patterns is so much harder!


And the blue Honeymoon Cami. I'm still not sure what to do with it, so it just sits in my bag.

Well I'm off to veg in front of the TV until the hubby gets home. Until later, Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous trixieca@yahoo.com said…

    that purse is so cute!

    -sp4

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger