Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Rant and Rave

Ok, so I need to rant this morning. I woke up ready to face the last day at work for this week only to find that we had no hot water in our condo. So we tried calling the "emergency" number on our contact list for our condo association to get the maintenance guy to come out and check the water heater. The funny thing is that he can somehow block his number to only receive calls during certain hours. I guess he thinks emergencies only happen when it's convenient for him. We couldn't get a hold of him even by 7:30, so I had to suck it up and take a freezing cold shower before heading off to work. At least it wasn't too cold out this morning, but what good is having an emergency contact when you can't even get a hold of him when you need to??!!!

I started the color on color scarf this week. I realized that I really suck at picking up stitches. I don't know if there is any short cut or easier way to do it, but it seems to take me forever. I have such a hard time catching the yarn and pulling through the stitch. I'm on section seven now, and can't stop looking at the pictures and imagining what it will look like when I'm finished. I'll try to post some pics over the weekend. I should be able to get some work done on it this afternoon before the hubby gets home.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Until later, happy knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger splatgirl said…

    Yay that you have started the COC!. I know that when I pick up stitches, I find it much easier to pick up and arrange all the stitches on my needle first, and then go back and knit them with my working yarn, rather than trying to pick up and knit each individual stitch separately. Plus that way you are sure you have the correct number of stitches picked up and that they are evenly spaced. I hope this makes sense.
    Boo about no hot water. Sounds like your mainenence guy needs to get a nastygram :)
    Lara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger