Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Help Please

Ok, this is my request for help today. I bought two hanks of Alpaca Cloud from Knit Picks just because I liked it, but now I'm not really sure to make with it. I'm thinking a shawl would be nice, but don't yet have a pattern I like. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear from anyone who has knitted a shawl they really enjoyed, and would like to pass a pattern along.

I have done virtually no knitting this week so far. Work has been so busy I just want to collapse on the couch every night when I get home. Every Thursday night we get together with some friends for dinner, and usually end up watching a movie or something, so it might be a good opportunity to get something done tonight. I did knit a swatch last night. I am part of the Yarn of the Month Club, and in this month's pack of samples, there was some yarn made from Recycled Sari Silk. I thought it would be great to knit up a purse for my boss for her birthday (thank goodness it's in July because I have enough projects going on now). She is a world traveller and I think she would appreciate that kind of yarn. It's beautiful, so I think I'll order the yarn so I'm ready to start when I get another project finished.

I do have some pictures of my Color on Color, but haven't had time to upload them. I'll have to get them up here soon.

Until Later, Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i bought some of that same yarn for the flower basket shawl in the interweave mag
    cara
    earth mother

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Angela said…

    Hi Clara,

    Thanks for the recommendation. I have been trying to track down a back issue of Interweave for that pattern, but the bids on that magazine on E-Bay have been high. I might be willing to spend more now that I know the yarn will work.
    Thanks!
    Angela

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous sp4 said…

    i have a bunch of back issues of interweave knits... which issue is it in, i could send you a copy (or the whole thing to borrow for a while)!

    trixieca@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger