Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Best Pal Ever! And Little Knitting News

Ok, my secret pal is the best! I got her package this week. Look at all the goodies:



She made this super cute purse. It's just the right size, and I love all the colors. I haven't tried felting yet either, so I loved seeing the finished project.



She also sent this kit to make a hemp Shop Til You Drop bag. She must have been totally reading my mind on this one because I saw the pattern for this in my Pattern-A-Day calendar, and knew I had to make it. She also sent me the Flower Basket Shawl pattern I wanted for my pink Knit Picks alpaca yarn, and a really cute card, and just when I thought the surprises were done for this week, I opened my mail today to find a St. Patrick's Day card with a little leprechaun on the front. Thanks so much Pal! You're the best!

I have very little knitting progress to report this week. I haven't knitted for days! Work has been kicking my butt lately and even on days when I haven't gotten home late from work I have been too tired to knit. However, here is a picture of my progress so far on the Color On Color Scarf:


I still have a long way to go. Maybe I'll get some work done this weekend. I am going to be busy fulfilling my Maid of Honor duties for my friend (I guess Matron of Honor is a more appropriate title, but Matron sounds so old!), but I hope to get a few rows of knitting squeezed in between shopping for bridesmaid shoes and stuffing invitations.

Of course I found another project to start.
I love this sweater! I found it in the Hollywood Knits Style book. I know people have a lot of complaints about this book, but there were several patterns I wanted to make, and the small sizing is perfect for me (skinny with little boobs). I was going to hold off on making it for a while, but a friend at work wants to knit the sweater with me, so I will probably start soon.
Well my husband is urging me to come watch our TiVoed episode of this weeks' Amazing Race so I better get to it. Until later, Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous sp4 said…

    it's really funny. i read what yarns you had been using and thought... you would like the hemp! then, i saw it on the calendar, and i was like, now she has the pattern twice!

    i wanted to package things "nicer" but in the same breath, i wanted to get something out quick, knowing how long you've been waiting. :)

    just wait for the next one! i've got SO many ideas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger