Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

New Yarn

I got my yarn for the Color On Color scarf in the mail yesteryday.


Isn't it pretty? I can't wait to start on it, but there's one little problem. A few of the colors I needed were backordered, including the color I need to start. It's like torture! I really want to start on it, and have almost everything I need, but can't. I guess I'll start on the baby blanket for my cousin until I get the rest of my yarn.

I do have a few FOs to post. I finished the Mitts from Weekend Knitting.





They were pretty easy and quick to knit. I even got to try out a few new techniques, such as short row shaping and three needle bind off. I still need a little practice with the bind off. The seams are not as nice and neat as I would like them, but they will do. I lucked out with my hubby's mitts. I had to guess somewhat at the size because he's a big guy, and I knew the biggest size in the book wouldn't fit him. I used a yarn with a stitch gauge of 4.5 stitches per inch, and used the pattern for the 6 stitches per inch gauge in the largest size. They fit perfect the first time. I had a cute picture of him posing with the mitts, but he wouldn't let me post it because he thought that it was too nerdy.

I got my secret pal the other day, and can't wait to go shopping for her this weekend. I'm trying to think up some great ideas.

That's all for now. Until later, happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger