Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

New Projects and Some Finished Objects

First of all, I heard from my secret pal the other day, and am so excited! She said that she mailed something to me, so I can't wait to find out what it is, and eventually who she is. I also had the chance to mail something to my Pal, so I hope she likes it.

I've finally jumped onto the Clapotis bandwagon, and decided to start one for myself while I am waiting for the Paternayan yarn for my color on color scarf. Here is the progress so far:



I'm using Southwest Trading Company's Bamboo. I really love the colorway, and am proud of myself for breaking away from Pink, which I seem to be wearing a lot of lately. Well mostly, there is a little pinkish purple in this yarn.

I also started on the baby blanket for my cousin. I'm using the Big Bad Baby Blanket pattern from Stitch and Bitch. Here it is so far:




The yellow is a little hard to photograph, so the stitches don't show up too well. I did opt for acrylic on this project. My cousin is much too practical, and would not have time for something that she couldn't throw in the washer and dryer. The yarn is still pretty soft though, and I'm happy with the way it is turning out. I have been working on it a little less frequently. Clapotis is much more interesting to knit!

Lastly, so FOs. I stayed home from work on Friday because I was sick, and decided to crochet these coasters for some friends. They finally bought a coffee table, and now they needed some coasters.




These were an easy project, and it only took me a few hours to make eight. I was only going to make four, but started on the variegated ones first, and made the solid colored ones because I decided I didn't like the variegated as much. I gave them both so they could decide which ones to use.

I guess that all for now. Until later, Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't wait to see the finsihed baby blanket.

    Tootles~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger