Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Clapotis Is Done!

That's right, Clapotis is finished! I knitted up the last few rows while watching I Robot on Thursday night. I used up about 3 and a half balls of the Southwest Trading Company Bamboo Yarn. I love the way it feels and the way the fabric drapes. It curls a little on the edges, so I still need to block it, but I wanted to wear it immediately, so I'll do it later. Check out the pictures below:

The pattern was so fun, so I think I may have to work on another at some point.
I was able to get a little more work done on the Big Bad Baby Blanket yesterday. It's progressing slowly. Here a picture of the size now and a detail of the stitches:
I also got some work done on the crocheted purse. I realized making this that it is so much easier for me to understand knitting patterns than crocheting patterns. I was so confused when I started this, but I think I've got the pattern down now. It came with cute little Bamboo handles that I'll attached when it's done.
I got the kit for the second purse I ordered. Hopefully that pattern is a little easier to follow. The second one is tan, and looks a little plainer.
Lastly, my yarn I ordered for the Honeymoon Cami from Knitty arrived in the mail.
I guess I'm on a blue kick lately. I don't know why. I think I need to branch out the next time I choose yarn for a project.
I hope to start the Color On Color scarf while watching the Academy Awards tonight. This is the first year in long time that I haven't seen any of the movies nominated. I still think that Eternal Sunshine got robbed by not getting a best picture nomination. It was definitely my favorite movie, and one of the most creative I've seen in a long time. I love Jim Carey in the film, and I think I cry at the end every time I see it.
Housework is waiting, so I better get back to the exciting task of folding laundry. Until later, Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    love your clapotis !.!
    cara
    earth mother

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that clapotis is beautiful, and looks great on you! you do lovely work!

    sp4

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger erica said…

    i love your clapotis! i'm planning on making one as some point, and am very excited to see that you made it with SWTC bamboo. i'm currently making a sweater with it, and i am now inspired to maybe use it for a clapotis, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger