Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Weekend Update

This weekend was fairly uneventful, although I did get to pick up my bridesmaid's dress that I will be wearing in my friend's wedding in May. My husband's reaction to the dress was "wow, it's very pink". I think it's pretty cute, despite all the pinkness. I still have to plan her shower and the bachelorette party. I'd like to knit or crochet a cute party favor for the shower, but don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

I didn't get much knitting done this weekend, due to massive tension in my back, which seemed to be only further aggrivated by knitting. It felt a little better after soaking in a hot bath last night, but is back in full force now that I am back at work. I did frog the Alien Illusion Scarf, much to my dismay. I had finished one and a half of the alien motifs, but it was just too wide. I substituted the yarn in the pattern for Lamb's Pride (which was what my LYS carried), which I think is a little more bulky. I've switched from size 7 needles to size 5, and now it seems to be a little better. That's what I get for being too lazy to knit a sample swatch first. Now I've finished almost one alien, but am already thinking about what my next project should be.

In better news, I was able to find a ball of Lion Brand Landscapes that I need to finish the last Christmas scarf, and even bought a huge basket to hold my stash at Michaels. They were selling all their baskets at 50% off.

And now for the bad joke of the day, curtesy of my husband, and his stupid joke page-a-day calendar:

Maria: I won't tell your boyfriend, but I saw you kiss that hunk at the dance.
Marlena: And I won't tell your boyfriend, but I saw you kiss him too.
Maria: Well, my boyfriend kisses better.
Marlena: I agree.

Happy Knitting!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger