Crafty Chick Knits

Ramblings about knitting, life, and whatnot.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Back to work Blahhs

Happy New Year!!!

First day back at work, and I think my brains have turned to mush after almost two weeks of sleeping in, vegging out on the couch in front of the TV and knitting. It rained here most of the week I was off from work, so I had a good excuse just to stay inside the whole time.

Christmas was great, and our first attempt at a holiday meal for the family (Christmas Eve) went over well. I have to admit that my Hubby did most of the work, but he is a much better cook than I am. We also had our annual day after Christmas party, which was a great chance to see all our friends that have been scattered around the country. It's so nice to be able to catch up with everyone.

I was a very productive knitter over vacation. I am happy to say I finished all my Christmas gifts on time (well except for one scarf, which I am still searching for the correct color yarn to finish). After Christmas I was able to finish a few things for myself. The Butterfly scarf from Stitch and Bitch Nation (although I replaced the Butterfly with roses because I was too impatient to go out and find the size DPNs I need for the icord butterfly body) and the Belt du Jour from SNB as well. I love the belt. Making the cables was fun and much easier than I thought it would be. I may have to make a few more in different colors. A woman can never have too many belts, purses, or shoes. I also stitched up a little change purse for my brother's girlfriend for her birthday. It's just the right size to put a gift card in. Now I'm working on the Alien Illusion Scarf from the first SNB. I was a little worried at first because I couldn't see the pattern immediately, but now it's starting to look really cool.

Now that I'm out of my lazy vacation phase, I'll have to post pictures. Until then, Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger